Sign in to follow this  
Flic1

OpenLC NA lights...performance issue

HI all - I posted this on the ORBX forums a couple days ago but have not gotten any responses so figured I would try it here as well.  After installing OpenLC NA (P3Dv3), I noticed I was getting hesitations, almost a pulsing effect similar to putting the sim in 1/2 rate for a second and back every several seconds.  This was happening as I approached the airport (default airport) under about 1500'.  After some troubleshooting including a full reinstall, I started over clean and systematically installed the ORBX layers and did a test flight after each addition to narrow down what was causing this.  So starting with a clean P3Dv3, no add-ons (fair wx setting, no AI) other than the NGX for test flights, I added back FTXG, Vector (tertiary roads disabled) and then OpenLC NA.  The problem occurred again right after installing OpenLC.  What I found was that if I disable the OpenLC lights in the scenery library, the issue is resolved.  It does not matter whether it is daytime or night, it appears the lights are giving me a fairly major issue as my approaches are nearly unflyable with these strange hesitations.  In fact, my FPS are staying above 30 during this which makes things even more befuddling! 

I guess it could just be me as I have not seen any reports of this.  It happens in default aircraft as well and I've tested enough to narrow it down to the OpenLC lights.  Is anyone experiencing this issue?  I was using the default KBWI approach to 33L.  I use pretty moderate settings across the board as my system has always handled it great with FPS in the 30-40 range in the NGX and always smooth..  I even tried turning off all autogen on one of my tests and it still happened.

Thanks for any help!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!