Sign in to follow this  
Gypsy Baron

AI flight plan install question

Hello All:I have never downloaded an AI flight plan zip file until tonight. Truthfully, I don't know exactly where to put the files in the zip file. Do I just unzip the file to the root FS9 folder? I see the zip file I downloaded has *.bgl files, *.bmp files for an aircraft texture, an aircraft schedule as a .txt document. Is there somewhere on AVSIM that has a tutorial on how to handle this stuff? Thanks for any help

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>Hello All:>>I have never downloaded an AI flight plan zip file until>tonight. Truthfully, I don't know exactly where to put the>files in the zip file. Do I just unzip the file to the root>FS9 folder? I see the zip file I downloaded has *.bgl files,>*.bmp files for an aircraft texture, an aircraft schedule as a>.txt document. Is there somewhere on AVSIM that has a>tutorial on how to handle this stuff? >>Thanks for any help If the .bgl file has a name like "Traffic_xxxx.bgl" it would be placed in you FS9 "Scenery/World/scenery" folder. The texture file is most likely a special livery for some aircraft used as AI in the .bgl file. You would need to have the "base" aircraft in your inventory to utilize the texture. The .txt file may be just for information or it may be the actual flightplan file. When using TrafficTools, AI traffic BGL's are created from three text files with "common" names: Aircraft_yourname.txt Airports_yourname.txt Flightplans_yourname.txt TT will look at all three files and compile them into a file named "Traffic_yourname.bgl" This is the the only file that is needed, with the exception of the files for the actual aircraft specified in the "Aircraft_yourname.txt" file. If you haven't downloaded TrafficTools by Lee Swordy, I suggest you get that utility. The HELP files will assist you in understanding how AI traffic is created and will allow you to create your own traffic files using aircraft in your inventory. You might also visit the PAI site for downloads of AI aircraft and flightplan packages. http://www.projectai.com/ Paul