Sign in to follow this  
Guest lalo lolo1

PSS 777

Finally an update to their original. Unfortunately it only took a couple years. Now if I were to hear work on the A320 was next, I might believe PSS have changed their ways.Steve

Guest simoni

To be fair it's definitely more than "an update"....SimonEdit to add name

Guest wvannes

I have the Vulcan and the Concorde and I love them both (Vulcan is of course a bit older and developed for FS2002).Both have (in my opinion) very good flight dynamics; the Concorde has a beautifull VC (only not fully clickable: but also developed about a year ago).For the Concorde the are also very extensive manuals.Once I needed a new install and with Phoenix this is no problem at all: when you have an account for the specific plane you can as much reinstall as you wish!wvannes

PSS have turned around there approach with the forum and communications and the 777 is very very good in all aspects. Some are as good in my opinion as the 747 and 767 but the systems modeling is not as complete as the far as I can see although it is pretty comprehensive.Yout cannot set failures for example - that requires a quantum leap in systems modeling and testing.Still, I enjoy flying it. The VC is superb. There are bound to be a few bugs that need patching.One final thing to consider is the response to requests for extras. Do a search for FIX on their forum. I am not convinced that the other top class suppliers would give the same response.Great aircraft for normal flying anyway.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

Guest lbb

I very much doubt that PSS ranks with PMDG and LDS. I have their Dash 8, which does look very nice but is very simple system wise, and their Concorde, which I think is quite an achievement, but has a few issues (fuel consumption, CofG warning going on and off in cruise) that they apparently can't straighten out and that do take away some of the immersion.To me the real test is whether the systems have been modelled to such an extent that you can set failures. So far I haven't seen PSS pass that test.Mind you, I'm not saying their products are no good. I do think however that their products are not quite as extensively modelled as some others. Whether or not you want that is a personal opinion!Leo Bakker

Guest Knikolaes

>but has a few issues (fuel consumption, CofG>warning going on and off in cruise) that they apparently can't>straighten out and that do take away some of the immersion.>>Leo BakkerI know I am way off topic by this reply, but I was wondering what the CofG warning is that you are getting? I have never had any alarms go off in cruise for me and been taking the Concorde back and forth between LFPG and KJFK.

Guest lalo lolo1

By far the best product in $/quality. I say this having bought only the 772 LR. Although the full pack of liveries is expensive, I paint so I don't mind.We have at least (that come to my mind now) 2 things we have now with this Ac and don't have with any previous payware:Interactive checklists, Integrated weather radar. Also, as every PSS product, it has the best Navdata and Procedures and I never fail to find a wp, an aw, or a procedure. Yes, IMHO, for sure at the same level as PMDG and LDS.Leo