Sign in to follow this  
alpinflier

Warning Test Sounds do not stop

Hi all

I am just going on with my Opencockpits B737 aft overhead, connecting it to my PMDG NGX. Most functions are working now, but I have a problem with the following events:

EVT_OH_WARNING_TEST_MACH_IAS_1_PUSH (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 301)

EVT_OH_WARNING_TEST_MACH_IAS_2_PUSH (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 302)

EVT_OH_WARNING_TEST_STALL_1_PUSH (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 303)

EVT_OH_WARNING_TEST_STALL_2_PUSH (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 304)

Sending a 1 to the NGX results in a push down of the buttons, visible on the NGX cockpit screen and the corresponding sounds are heard. But the following 0 makes only return the buttons to their rest position, the sounds don't stop. The only way to stop them is using the mouse, pushing the buttons on the screen and release them.

First I thought this must be an error of the driver (OCP4NGX), but I see the buttons return with a 0, so I think the 0 is well detected from NGX, but sounds not stopped.

Is this a known issue? Any comments are most welcome.

Urs Meyer

The hardware is not involved. I can send a 1 and a 0 by any button, but also by an input/output console, that sends 1 or 0 to any sdk event. The buttons on the NGX screen do exactly what the command asks for: a 1 presses the button in, a 0 makes it come out. Sound is started correctly, but not stopped, when button has come out.

I know, this sounds strange, but I can reproduce it on my test pc and on my homecockpit pc.

Urs Meyer

I still made some additional tests. Firsts I sent commands with FSUIPC, by "custom control" to offsets 69933 to 69936. Same result.

My last hope was a mouse macro, because this should simulate exactly what the mouse click on the screen does. But unfortunately it is all the same. The buttons go in and out without problems, but the sound does not stop any more, after it has been triggered once.

To compare this, I tried to operate the test button for the LE devices the same ways. It operates without problems. LEDs are off, when the button is released.

Urs Meyer