Sign in to follow this  
arealpilot

Default terminal buildings after modifying the AFCAD

Greetings,

I've been using FS9 for ages and always modify my AFCADs to my liking.  I have run into this problem before, but can not remember how I fixed it.  Had to do a HD format and re-install of Windows after several years of FS9 use, so I dont remember all the tweaks I used to know.  

I use mostly payware airports.  Every time I modify the AFCAD that installed with the scenery the default terminal buildings show up afterwards.  I do not use AI traffic that installs it's own AFCADs.  I use WoAI only.  I have done sweeps to ensure that no other 3rd party AFCAD is present.  If I remove the stock AFCAD that installed with FS9 originally, the problem goes away.  But, I dont want to do that because dozens of surrounding airports will not have an AFCAD.  

If I re-install the new airport, everything is fine.  As soon as I modify the AFCAD (in any way) and then save it, the default terminal buildings show up.  This has happened with all of T2G products, some FSDreamTeam products....those are the only ones that I've noticed it on so far.  So, it does not matter what company made the software....its gotta be a layer issue.  It does not matter where the scenery is in the scenery library, still happens.  If I reinstall the scenery all is well (but Im stuck with an unmodified AFCAD which is a no-go for me).  

Any insight would be helpful.  

AFCAD 2.21.  

I have ADE as well, just used to AFCAD.  All I ever change is the runway usage.  

Well never use AFCAD again as often excludes and or flattens are included in afcads.. If you open an Afcad with Afcad 2.21 and it has these when you compile your work it deletes these.

Learn to use ADE. Then you can write your own excludes/flattens.....and who knows maybe the odd approach or two? :wink: