Sign in to follow this  
louuieg98

Newbie to Forums, Graphic Problems

Good evening simmers!

First of all, I'm totally new to this forum so please correct me if I do something against the rules or place this topic in the wrong forum! I appreciate any help!

I recently have got my computer and flight sim gear back out and dusted off to have a go. I love realism and normally have my setting to the max! However I've never been able to set my water (sea) setting to max as it then makes my FPS decrease dramatically! :sad: I have a PC and Im not sure of the specs but know my graphics card was a Nvidia Not sure on the rest of the details. 

I was just wondering if you guys could possibly share your PC Specs and what kind of settings you have and what your FPS are like?

Once again, please excuse me if I'm saying/asking something really dumb or unreasonable, It's just that I'd really like to get realism like in the youtube videos.

Thanks!!

Go to control panel> system and security > system 

From there you should be able to get the high-level specs and if you can provide those specs here people will be able to better give you advice and expectations for your system. The main compoments are the type of CPU and your graphics card.

Good evening simmers!

First of all, I'm totally new to this forum so please correct me if I do something against the rules or place this topic in the wrong forum! I appreciate any help!

I recently have got my computer and flight sim gear back out and dusted off to have a go. I love realism and normally have my setting to the max! However I've never been able to set my water (sea) setting to max as it then makes my FPS decrease dramatically! :sad: I have a PC and Im not sure of the specs but know my graphics card was a Nvidia Not sure on the rest of the details. 

I was just wondering if you guys could possibly share your PC Specs and what kind of settings you have and what your FPS are like?

Once again, please excuse me if I'm saying/asking something really dumb or unreasonable, It's just that I'd really like to get realism like in the youtube videos.

Thanks!!

I7 6700K. Overclocked to 4.6 GHz.

Asus Z170 Deluxe.

16 GB GSkill Ripjaw V 3200 MHz.

EVGA GTX 980TI classified.

Samsung 850 Evo.

BenQ 1080P 144 Hz monitor.

Installed P3D yesterday and did a quick flight in the Carenado plane that ships with P3D... Sliders were maxed except traffic, frame rate was around 90 frames per second.

Can't tell you with add-on's installed yet as I haven't gotten round to it. Water was at max and looked very nice. Super smooth, no stutters.

In games... Elite Dangerous Horizons on Ultra settings and max AA was at 80 frames per second most of the time. BF1 beta also at ultra settings was way up to 140 frames per second.