Sign in to follow this  
mgh

FS9 RUNNING PROBLEM??!!!

Guest UNIVSOUTHFLA

Whenver I try to use the normal FS launcher, I get on FS fine and start flying, but all the sudden my screen turns from normal graphics into graphics of 5-10 different neon colors. Then a box comes up saying that I need to reboot my computer, and I do so. The graphics restore after I restart the computer, but this scenario happens everytime I use FS. Now I use the SAFE MODE option in the Microsoft games link under START. This works better by the graphics not getting disorted and messed up, but the FS often times just shuts off randomly. I have no idea whats wrong. I have a Dell Demension with no added graphic card. Can any1 help me??

Guest allcott

The Dell must have a 3d grpahics card. Which one do you have?A 3d grpahic card is a basic requirement to run flight sim, or any game on the PC these days. But FS pushes the card much harder than most. What you describe sound like an overheating problem. The graphic card cant cope with the demands of FS and cooks off. This will permanently damage it so DONT use it until you've checked it out.If the Dell is under warranty get it looked at.Allcott