Sign in to follow this  
planespotterking

Interesting P3D issue

Alright guys if you can figure this one out your successfully become gods. 

So, Here's the scoop. After a clean install of P3D and installing my addons i get the content error. I open it up and this is what I see. (Down in the quote)

Okay so what I've noticed is that these addon errors are from the old buggy install. The weird thing is that I delted the docs, the main folder, and the %appdata% folder after uninstall. But it seems I installed Fs2crew and It remade the .exe in the roaming folder for P3D. After the .exe was remade I get the error text down below. I want to get rid of that because the sim is obviously trying to launch these deleted addons. The .exe doesn't have them inside it, so there has to be another code file that says to launch these addons. 

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks

Tyler C

//excessively long error log (>4200 lines) removed by moderator//

It seems that Prepar3D is trying to Launch old Add On's in your dll.xml and your file in ProgramData 

I would say Part of your Problem is in ProgramData.  I can see an Issue with your suneffect.cfg from old Installs. Other errors in there as well from Old Installs like the 737

When you Uninstalled Prepar3D did you Delete these 4 folders ?  By not deleting these 4 folders you would be Installing over your Old folders 

► Libraries ► Documents ► Prepar3D v3 files

► Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ►ProgramData ► Lockheed Martin 

► Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► you ► AppData ► Roaming ► Lockheed Martin 

► Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► you ► AppData ► Local ► Lockheed Martin

=================== 

I would start by Deleting the Lockheed Martin folder in this location,  Don't worry Prepar3D will Rebuild this Complete Folder again when you start it 

► Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ►ProgramData ► Lockheed Martin 

If the Problem continues (And do not spend 2 minutes thinking about it)  Pull the whole lot down again and start a fresh 

It seems that Prepar3D is trying to Launch old Add On's in your dll.xml and your file in ProgramData 

I would say Part of your Problem is in ProgramData.  I can see an Issue with your suneffect.cfg from old Installs. Other errors in there as well from Old Installs like the 737

When you Uninstalled Prepar3D did you Delete these 4 folders ?  By not deleting these 4 folders you would be Installing over your Old folders 

► Libraries ► Documents ► Prepar3D v3 files

► Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ►ProgramData ► Lockheed Martin 

► Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► you ► AppData ► Roaming ► Lockheed Martin 

► Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► you ► AppData ► Local ► Lockheed Martin

=================== 

I would start by Deleting the Lockheed Martin folder in this location,  Don't worry Prepar3D will Rebuild this Complete Folder again when you start it 

► Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ►ProgramData ► Lockheed Martin 

If the Problem continues (And do not spend 2 minutes thinking about it)  Pull the whole lot down again and start a fresh 

Every folder accept the ProgramData one, Ill give it a shot and let ya know if it works

ProgramData

Don't have this folder.

a5700aec8fff46206b7060646f0422e0.png

You need to Un-hide the Folders,  They are "hidden"  Its strange though because if the folders are hidden you couldn't of found AppData Local or Roaming  ?  You deffo found these ?

Follow the steps below and locate and delete ProgramData 

For windows 7 and 8 and 10 users,  open your Control Panel and follow the path. 

Control Panel ► Appearances and Personalisation ► Show hidden files and folders.  3 Tick the circle, Click Apply and Ok   You should now see ProgramData 

23445724373_3c3ae5170d_o.png

The Problem is you have an New Install covering an Old Install,  It seems when you Installed Prepar3D again you messed up some files with the PMDG,  I don't know enough about the PMDG install files to know how to sort that one out 

File:C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-800NGX WL\texture.WN\texture.cfg

When you Delete the Lockheed Martin folder In ProgramData,  Prepar3D will rebuild it again to a default state,  Meaning you will have to add any scenery again in your Prepar3D Library or any Software that Launch's from your dll.xml or exe.xml again.

Delete the Lockheed Martin folder and see what the crash log throws up then    

dll.xml or exe.xml a

So is seems most of the errors are gone, this is whats left.

[error.0]
error=Found Duplicate Key Name
 File:C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-800NGX WL\texture.WN\texture.cfg
 Section:fltsim
 Key:fallback.3

[error.1]

[error.2]

[error.3]
error=Texture EQUIPMENT_DECAL.DDS failed to load (FE_REQUEST_STATUS==13)
[error.4]
error=Texture EQUIPMENT_DECAL.DDS failed to load (FE_REQUEST_STATUS==13)

It seems like your New Install of Prepar3D Over wrote some of the Texture PMDG files ?  Could be wrong though,  My knowledge on this is small.

If this is the case, Have you tried Running the 737 Installer again

It seems like your New Install of Prepar3D Over wrote some of the Texture PMDG files ?  Could be wrong though,  My knowledge on this is small.

If this is the case, Have you tried Running the 737 Installer again

Thanks for all the help, were running good again!