Sign in to follow this  
RobCML

FSX-SE Menu Freeze only happens when using multiple monitors.

Brand new install of FSX-SE on a Windows 7 PC.

It freezes when accessing the menus during flight.

This is a well documented issue.

I've tried the usual fixes involving various versions of the uiautomationcore.dll in various locations, to no avail.

I'm using three monitors connected in surround mode to handle the outside or virtual cockpit view, and a second monitor below handles the panels, etc. FSX sees two monitors. The lower one, and a single extra wide monitor.

The freezing occurs only when I have both monitors avtive.

If I disconnect the three monitors and use just the lower monitor, I cannot replicate the freezing. It can open up nearly unlimited view windows, panels, spot and tower views, and cluck the menu as much as I want, and I cannot make it freeze up.

Thoughts? I cant seem to find a fix that works. Most threads on this topic that I can find online are rather old. If someone has a solution, or can link me to a newer thread that would help a lot!

Cheers!

-Rob

uiautomationcore.dll  is installed automatically with FSX-SE.

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

Yes, I've discovered this. But the crash symptoms seem identical to that problem. If i disconnect the additional monitors, no crashes. Once the surround monitors are hooked back up, crashes on menu use after 5-15 or so menu clicks.

I had a similar problem with my dual monitor setup: crashed when I clicked anywhere on secondary monitor. The fix which worked for me was to edit the fsx.cfg file by commenting out the Display.Device lines (eg //[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 730.0]) and letting fsx rebuild these settings when next launched. Once you're happy and everything is working again then you can delete the lines which you commented out.

Hope this is helpful.

Rupert

Best regards

Rupert

I had a similar problem with my dual monitor setup: crashed when I clicked anywhere on secondary monitor. The fix which worked for me was to edit the fsx.cfg file by commenting out the Display.Device lines (eg //[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 730.0]) and letting fsx rebuild these settings when next launched. Once you're happy and everything is working again then you can delete the lines which you commented out.

Hope this is helpful.

Rupert

Worth a shot! I'll give this a try this evening and see if it brings me any luck!