Sign in to follow this  
thecanarian

X-52 Stopped working after Win Update

Hi,

I noticed early on Sunday morning Windows 10 put an update on my PC. Now my Saitek X-52 doesn't seem to be recognised by the OS. I've downloaded new drivers & software from the Saitek site but they both fail to load properly because they can't "see" the controllers although it is definitely plugged in. They do flash with the blue lights as the PC starts up, then the lights go out.

Help I'm grounded without this.

Thanks

Peter :sad:

I noticed early on Sunday morning Windows 10 put an update on my PC. Now my Saitek X-52 doesn't seem to be recognised by the OS. I've downloaded new drivers & software from the Saitek site but they both fail to load properly because they can't "see" the controllers although it is definitely plugged in. They do flash with the blue lights as the PC starts up, then the lights go out.
Help I'm grounded without this.

I haven't lost a whole controller, but I am having issues with Windows10 losing certain axes in the game controllers calibration utility. FSUIPC has dropped the assignments I have had set for 3 months and I can no longer reassign those axes.  Win calibration utility no longer allows me to calibrate those levers because it doesn't recognise them.  This has happened on more than one controller unit.   I'm also beginning to think it was due to some or other update.  Everything has been pretty stable for a few months.

Hi,

Panic over, my controller is working again. I went up a few dead ends and bought a few red herrings, but I got there eventually.

The real issue was that the new driver I downloaded wouldn't load properly. Eventually I got around to uninstalling the driver assigned to the x-52 in Device Manager (by this time I wasn't sure which one it was anyway), and then miraculously the installation of the new driver worked. Phew. :smile: