Sign in to follow this  
rhodges

PSS 777 - The pause that didn't refresh.

PSS 777-300ER. Startup from the default KSEA/172 bit as recommended (First time in many years, many FS versions).Last night's flight: KLWB - KSFO. First of all, no significant glitches at all. Great job PSS. However, somewhere within I would estimate 50 miles out from KSFO as I made my approach to KSFO my simualtion paused. Although I did not think that I had done anything, I could not swear that I had not bumped the "P" key so I ignored it. Pressed "P", the flight resumed with no problem including an excellent autoland.I just finished a flight from KLWB - KORD, flight computer controlled all the way with the exception of lowering flaps, gear, and activating the APP mode. On the Knox3 Star, Fort Wayne transition, about 38 miles out and 3 or 4 DME from the Watsen intersection I got the simulation pause again. This time my hands were in my lap. I have never seen this before, and the only thing I have changed in the last few days is to install the T7's. Has anyone else ever seen this happen? The only other glitch left for my purposes so far is that there stil is a slight porpoise cycle at my cruise altitude on this flight. I was a bit slower and lower than normal @ FL220 and a speed of 282K. In the other flight last night @ FL380 and mach 0.81 I really did not notice this porpoise bit at all. It is not even detectable in spot view but I can see it over the panel when it is present. No biggy at all. All other problems that I know about have gone away for me. I would recommend the package. (Have the 777-200-ERF and 777-300ER). Second question: In autoland is the T7 supposed to activate reverse-thrust or must it be initiated manually? This is the only thing that does not activate. Autobrake, reduction of power, speed brake, flare and everything else is perfect to a rolling stop on the centerline. Manually the throttles can be retarded and are activated just fine. Not really needed, but just wondering?Is there a way to clear the FMC for a completely new or revised flight plan?I have posted these questions on the PSS forum, but I know they are snowed under at the moment. Wondered with a little wider exposure if anyone else had gone down these roads and had any answers.Thanks:RTH

Have you unchecked the "PAUSE AT TOP OF DECENT"? This is a feature that is enabled by default.Reverse thrust is never operated automatically, Boeing left one or two things for you to do, otherwise you'd be out of a job.

Note:John at PSS has already answered.There is a selection in the setup panel for the pause function. "Pause at TOD" can be checked or unchecked.As Mike said, there is no auto-Reversethrust. Guess I was spoiled by something else, probably the generic utility for this purpose.Entering a new origin on the RTE page clears the flightplan info.The response by PSS has raised the bar to a new level in my book!Respectfully:RTH