Sign in to follow this  
Cerebus06

Carenado 182Q Paint shadow / lighting issue

Greetings all -

I'm trying to port over some of my FS9 Carenado paints to FSX after purchasing the FSX version of the 182Q - and I'm having an odd problem I can't seem to find a resolution for.  Most of my paints are based on the Long Range version of the plane - which, in the base package, only includes the Coast Guard livery.  When selecting the default Coast Guard livery paint, I get the usual, as shown here:

img1.jpg

However, when I view one of my paints, this is what I'm getting:

img2.jpg

I am not sure why my paint is doing this - it is a DXT5 image, just like the Coast Guard image is, complete with an alpha layer for shine (particularly on the chrome spinner hub).  I'm sure it's a leftover issue in my paint somehow from FS9 and a conflict or something with FSX and how it renders shadows, but I'm not sure how to resolve it.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Most likely caused by a missing spec texture.

Look in the default texture folder for files missing in your port over textures.

You can either copy these textures over or use a texture.cfg to point to a folder that has them in it.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

That was it - thanks.  I just copied the new files into the old livery directory, not overwriting files, and it worked.

Thanks again!