Hi--anyone try a 5k monitor? The resolution is  5120 x 2880 which is close to what I get now using six 1080p monitors.  I already own 2 second generation Titans with 6GB each, which could be used in SLI, with 2 display port outputs total, which I think is required for 5k monitors.  I am intrigued by the 5k because currently I use 6 monitors (3 over 3) which results in 5760 x 2180 display--however, matching color precisely is constantly difficult and there are bezel issues with six screens.  Thanks for any input--it's appreciated!!

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

I am intrigued by the 5k because currently I use 6 monitors (3 over 3) which results in 5760 x 2180 display--however, matching color precisely is

What size monitor are you thinking of?

Unless you are going 60" plus, 4K should be plenty.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Hi gb--it's sort of a Hobson's choice. Right now I have six 27 inch monitors , so the screen is effectively about 5 feet wide and 3 feet high and I'm sitting around four feet from the screen. With the 5760 x 2180 resolution it's very immersive. Going from that to 4k, even with a large 50 inch plus monitor, reduces the field of view by one third. The only 5k screen I could locate is Dell's 27 inch, so I'd be on top of the Dell to maintain the same field of view as now. Maybe going to a triple screen of 2580 by 1600 with the screens mounted in portrait would be the best compromise to at least eliminate the bezel that I now have that goes horizontally through the middle of the screen. That's really what set me off. Do you know if Nvidia's surround bezel correction works in sli? I know it won't work if one card is used for one screen and the other for two screens?

Do you know if Nvidia's surround bezel correction works in sli?

Well I have never heard of it not working with SLI so I think you can assume it does.

The only 5k screen I could locate is Dell's 27 inch

I would be crazy to use such a small screen 5K for simming.

It would cripple your frame rates for almost zero benefit.

Maybe going to a triple screen of 2580 by 1600 with the screens mounted in portrait

would be the best compromise to at least eliminate the bezel that I now have that goes horizontally through the middle of the screen.

This can work well but the trouble is that you end up with a screen arrangement

whose total size is very similar to a single large TV.

So why not just get the TV and avoid those annoying bevels altogether?

gb.

• Upvote 1

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Thanks--came to the same conclusion myself right before reading your post. Got a 43" 4k monitor this afternoon

Thanks--came to the same conclusion myself right before reading your post. Got a 43" 4k monitor this afternoon

Great, hope it works out.

gb.