Sign in to follow this  
malct

New PC keeps crashing when making display adjustments

Hi, I hope someone can help me, I have been trying to solve this problem now for 4 days , Ever since i downloaded Edinburgh 2000 extreme and they recommended changing scenery settings Mesh Res (5M)  and Mesh Tex  (60cm)

Once i made the changes, FSX would crash, I found a old thread that says if your running NVidia Graphics card, then download the latest driver, After doing this, I restarted FSX and made new changes to the display and it crashed again, but this time a box appeared and it fixed the problem and it stopped crashing after making changes.

While adding some traffic software, i made a mistake adding files which resulted in me doing a factory reset.

Once starting up the PC, I added the latest driver to Nvidia and then installed FSX and service packs 1 and 2 (I do have FSX acceleration but i have lost the product key, so unable to use it)

When starting FSX and making display changes to Res and tex, FSX will crash again, I did get the repair box up again but this time it did not fix the problem.

I have read quite a lot of threads, one which tells me to tick Preview directx 10, but this does not work, plus i loose the Progressive Taxi.

My system is Windows 8.1 nvidia geforce 750 ti and i have added Geforce Experiance that came with the lasted driver. and the processor is intel i7 4790 3.6Ghz Quad core with 16 GB .

Regarding the pop up box that fixed the issue first time, another pop up box appeared asking if it had fixed the problem Yes or Noand that box did not appear after the 2nd install.

Any help would be great

Malc