Sign in to follow this  
Guest Charlie Hall

Route Files

I've just noticed 2 files in my Flight Simulator 9 folder. They are called jroutes.rt and vroutes.rt. They seem to contain details of jet and victor airways respectively in text format. The jroutes.rt file begins:A1 BI.FLORA BI.SUA1 BI.RK BI.SUA2 BI.BL BI.RHA33 LI.GALTI LI.GIOA33 LI.SOR LI.LUNARB1 BI.BAKKI BI.VMI think SuperFlightPlanner might generated them but I don't know what they are used for, if anything?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I can't help much other than to say I use SFP and have never seen files like those.

I feel sure they were created by SFP when I built my first (and only database) - WesternEurope.sfd from the default nav points. The reason for this is the creation times and dates which agree within 3 sec!WesternEurope.sfd - 4 November 2005 12:01:49jroures.rt - 4 November 2005 12:01:51vroutes.rt - 4 November 2005 12:01:51There are in C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9 not the SFP folders.

I just checked and I do have them too so I guess they must be from SFP. No idea what they are used for though.