Sign in to follow this  
theskyisthelimit

Simstarter NG + P3d v3.4.9 with fsx compatibility mode wont launch saved flight plan

I'm trying to configure simstarter NG to launch into compatibility mode (using fsx.exe) for tileproxy.. so i've set it to launch proxyuser.exe and then fsx.exe..

In the profile i've selected an fsxml saved flight (which works fine in other profiles with normal prepar3d.exe launching)..

When you click launch, it opens proxyuser.exe then fsx launches, but it only goes to the default startup area in VA with the jet.. not the saved flight..

Is there some workaround to this to make it work.

If i manually right click, open with, fsx.exe on the saved flight, it naturally works, just not via simstarter..

Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

for now I ran a batch file as below... basically adding it as the exe to launch.. manual process but seems to work:

The key was setting the working directory with /d (if you run simstarter as admin to avoid uac prompts), otherwise things got mixed up.

start ""  /d "V:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Tileproxy" "V:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Tileproxy\proxyuser.exe" 

start "" /d "V:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\" "V:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\fsx.exe" "d:\data\my documents\Prepar3D v3 Files\TEST.fxml"

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking: