Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Ariane 737ng

Maybe, but I can't make that judgment.I paid full price for the PMDG product and got the Ariane at a discount (special event pricing).Actually I paid

One sided? Opinions?I gave no opinions, only facts. And I mentioned both positive and negative sides of both products as I perceive them.Have you used both products enough to make any informed judgment about them in a head to head comparison?I have, and I gave my conclusions based on that comparison (which included flying the same routes using both aircraft in the same weather conditions to compare handling.In fact, I originally purchased the Ariane 737 specifically for that purpose, wanting to know what the fuss and all the negativity was all about. Call me a research user, I'm not adverse to spending money on things I believe may be unfairly criticised.I'd not expected I'd like it enough to give it a permanent place in my stable, but it's gotten just that.

Small update: by following the manual (the one section I'd not yet read of course) I now get almost the same (within about 10%) performance in the Ariane VC that i get in the PMDG 2D pit, and that's with a PMDG aircraft without virtual cabin to slow me down.

Guest Toni Rauch

>JT, he addressed that to Toni. Not you. :)Thanks for clearing that up Tom. Now I feel so much better!I don't know why 'Edam' felt the need for his comment - I think price and value-for-money are very relevant in comparing the two products, which is exactly what the thread is about!Shame 'Edam' feels the need to try and turn this thread into a personal attack (as usual). Don't they have Happy Pills in Dutch Cheese Land? SMILE! It's only a game.....Toni.

I don't know, most of us don't seem to need them :)Maybe it's the cheese, eating a lot of it makes me happy.

each aircraft in an Ariane pack is tuned to be faithful to the real thing.So if you have a European pack with several 737-700s in it (for example) each will have the correct engine ratings and cockpit layouts for the specific airlines you get.In effect you're getting the different customer options just like the real airlines do.

Guest Peter Wilding

Actually, that's not exaclty true, at laest not so when I last checked.As far as I know the Real South West 737 has a HUD which is used to flight the ILS when landing and no auto throttle. This I am told by a real South West senior captain.Apparently the Ariane does not correctly do this which is why I've not yet purchased the product.If they ever correcly model this then I'll be very interested in buy it. Meanwhile; I see little advantage over the PMDG and certainly not one worth paying for at this time. You can get different cockpit layouts also with the PMDG but they don't model the HUD either.

Guest Edam

I wasn't referring to you, I was referring to Rauch, as you can see by the "in response to."

Guest Edam

Another brilliant assumption, if it were correct. I'm not Dutch and my 'handle' has nothing to do with the cheese.

>you purchase an Ariane 737NG, you get not only one addon but>several.>>>WHAT???>>Toni.Hi,Well,..those of us who actually have the product, knows that not only each aircraft is configured individually. :-) You also get a standalone Pushback truck, which can be driven as you like (you are driving it). And you can choose which kind of pushback truck you want, depending on where in the world you are flying. Also on the BBJ (I don

Staffan

I am actually on the verge of adding the Ariane 737-700 to my hangar, but I have read in a review that there is/was a problem with the SID/STAR database in the original release. Has this been corrected? Where do the Ariane birds get their navdata cycles from?Also, is there a tool or plain livery included to design own liveries?Thanks,Pat

Don't know if they model that HUD, probably not. But they do model the different MFD layouts (and unlike PMDG they don't have one setting for everything, you get it like the airlines get it, one setting per aircraft that is fixed on delivery).