Sign in to follow this  
Guest OneTinSoldier

Can anyone help me with error message?

Hello,I was installing a new panel for a 777 and the freeware package gave me a zipped MODULES folder with a sound.dll in it. I stuck it into the MODULES folder in FS9 and wrote over the old one. Stupid really because when I started FS9 it gives me an error message saying 'C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9MODULESsound.dll file is missing or damaged. Please reinstall Flight Simulator to restore or repair the file. Flight Simulator will now quit'. Heart attack stuff because I'd be all year reinstalling. Its a 2002 panel for a 2002 Aircraft can anyone advise?Many thanks,George Tyrrell

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Jim,Your link doesn't work, and I don't think this is the old and well known FSSound.dll problem because as he said, he overwrote Sound.dll. Therefore, I fail to see how this is an FSSound.dll problem.----------------------------Dear George,Have you installed the FS2004 9.1 patch? If so, you can go to...C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9BACKUPand then copy the file 'SOUND.A444.DLL' to a Temp folder. Then rename it to 'SOUND.DLL'. Now copy this to your Modules folder and overwrite the one from the FS2002 panel you installed.NOTE: This will give you an 'FS2004 9.0' SOUND.DLL file. However, there may be no difference between the 9.0 and 9.1 versions of the SOUND.DLL file other than the version number... as they are the exact same size. But I don't know for sure, there could be some difference besides just the version number.Regards,Jim Richards

Hi George,Hehe, I'm not a god but I'm glad I was able to help. :)Just to note, even if you hadn't installed the FS2004 9.1 patch the 9.0 SOUND.DLL file is in a .cab file on one of the FS2004 CD's. But I don't know which CD or .cab file, and anyway you look at it just using the one in the BACKUP folder right there on your hard driver is easier.Cheers,Jim Richards