Sign in to follow this  
IFR_Practice

CDI on Xplane appears not to be driven by GTN Trainer on RNAV approach

The Xplane CDI does not appear to take its input from the GTN when doing an RNAV approach.  I'm not even sure CDI is getting its deflection from the GTN trainer when ILS is selected but it does deflect - I'm assuming its from the navigation radio on Xplane since it selects the same navigation frequency the Trainer is using.  I noticed a small discrepancy between the Xplane CDI and the GTN CDI

On an RNAV approach the graphical CDI on the GTN itself moves correctly but it is not driving the CDI gauge on the aircraft (steam gauge), but it would be nice if the xplane gauge moved.

Also is cross fill suppose to work?  I loaded two GTN 750's and they didn't crossfill my flight plan between them.

Other then that, pretty sweet.  I really enjoy flying IFR approaches with this simulator.  Looking forward to the G500/600 when you have it.

Hi,

the first thing you'd want to look at is once the GTN boot, the last page before the icons show up is the 'instruments' page. It purposely deflects the LCDI and the VCDI in order to help cross check the link between the HSI and the GPS is functional. If this works there, it should work thereafter.

You need to make sure the corresponding option are selected in the GTN menu as well:  GTN -> HSI (see page 4 of the User's Manual for this and other options for the HSI).

Cross-fill is not supported yet.

The latest v2.2.4 released yesterday shall prove to be much better for your approaches, holding patterns and DME arcs with the overhauled autopilot integration!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thank you and sorry for my delayed response, it was the GTN-> VOR Indicator and it now works for the GTN 1 and the VOR 1 CDI indicator.  

However the GTN 2 does not deflect the VOR 2 CDI indicator with the same settings.  I did this on the 'instruments' page on the GTN as you mentioned.  BTW that was great help for getting the GTN 1 and VOR 1 indicator to work.  This is so cool and fun flying approaches with this GTN.  Any hints on what I might do to get the GTN 2 to drive the VOR 2 CDI indicator?  Thanks for v2.2.4 it was much better.  

Cross fill will be nice as I'm having to set the same approach in both GTN's to get them sync'd up to each other.  I use different pages on both GTN's while doing my approach - usually the waypoints and distances on the top GTN and I have the chart on the lower GTN for my minimums and missed approach.  I like to have my waypoints and chart on the MFD on the G500 when you have it, any hints to when it will be ready?

Thank you for your valuable feedback, we'll check about the VOR2 and let you know.

As for the G600/500, I can't tell more at this time but rest assured this is progressing very well. We'll make announcements in this forum when time comes!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)