Sign in to follow this  
metalrockerlion

Recent CTD Problem solved

I hope this helps .... I havent started flying for a very long while but I  never remove microsoft X  from the hard drive . well everything went well for a little while and than I started getting  CTD  once I took off .. after a 5 mins or so I would get that awful lock and than I would have to do the task manager to get out of it , same problem I had before   I took a vacation from flying x . well heres what I did and since I originally made this rig esp for Flight sim X , I allowed other programs to clutter my hard drive , so heres what I did   everyone should read this and it will along with you deleteing old files that re in your documenst that are just sitting there , so here what I did and .. Read this and do this   http://www.simforums.com/forums/the-fsx-computer-system-the-bible-by-nickn_topic46211.html.. this  will maximize your computer for flight simulator x .. 

I only run PMGD planes on the rig and I have recently flown two flights and had no problems , I have my traffic installed it works fine . I have rex weather essentals on and it works fine ,, mind u my rig is about 3 years old .. there is everyone looking for a trick read this again and it will solve alot of issue and you will not have to re-install the sim 

read this and it will take you about 1 hour to configure your computer to run awesome for microsoft flight simulator x perfectly 

http://www.simforums.com/forums/the-fsx-computer-system-the-bible-by-nickn_topic46211.html

and dont for get to remove logbook ini once you do this so it will be clean to run great 

:)))

A

Nick's FSX Bible is an excellent guide and has been mentioned and recommended on several occasions here at AVSIM.  AVSIM has a great FSX Configuration Guide and CTD Guide that provides valuable information and solutions too. 

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10