Sign in to follow this  
Rene Scharlach

Outside Aircraft Views not working

I tried to generate an outside view of the aircraft. But all I see is the flight deck portion of the plane and skeleton wings. The view is of type AC not VC. But nevertheless, it does not work. How is this supposed to work?

Rene

The problem was that the outside Aircraft View was not yet installed after a re-installation of OpusFSI. Starting the simulation a second time got the thing working.

Just open the Live Camera Management dialog. This forces all SimObject cfg files to be updated.

OpusFSI will not modify the cfg files each time its run. Only when you open a dialog that needs Aircraft Config data.

Stephen

Understand. Thanks for the clarification.

For your information: I de-installed and re-installed OpusFSI because I wanted to retry EZDOK. I had licensed this before I switched to OpusFSI. But it did not work this time, probably due to Windows 8.1. Several users in their forums report errors with Windows 8.1. I never intended to use it beyond a short test anyways, and so went back to OpusFSI, which I prefer. I will continue with your nice addon, even though Spotlight by FSL does not work together with it by mysterious reasons.

Thanks for the nice comments. There's no reason why any addon like Spotlight FSL wouldn't be compatible with OpusFSI, same for all others addons. Unless the addon tries to adjust the eye point in which case there will be incompatibility.

OpusFSI does not interfere with any sim operations and is a completely external standard SimConnect addon. Live Camera does add a few CameraDefinitions and also controls the eye point. Hence no other addon cannot adjust the eye point without clashing with OpusFSI.

Stephen