Sign in to follow this  
theskyisthelimit

flyinside wont launch and single 1080 SGSS4x performance vs SLI in VR?

This all might be related to my 1080 SLI testing i'm doing, unsure..

I'm running into several issues.. first..

When i first put the second card in, i was experiencing horrific performance.. 12fps where in the heavy hitting chicago midway with rain i would be at 23 fps.. so i opted to remove and reinstall flyinside.. slightly better but this then caused more issues..i thought ok, back to normal.. move onto more testing.. but..

Now when i try to launch with ForceVRModeDev = 1 or from the flyinside exe itself.. it doesnt go to vr mode, just standard 2D.. so at this moment i'm removing oculus and reinstalling, unsure whats causing this..  It was fine just minutes before..

I also kept getting p3d crashes on launch related to d3d11.dll which seems to show it coming from the c:\windows\system32\d3d11.dll path (there is also one in the p3d root folder).
I copied the file from the sys32 to the root of the p3d install and now its better so far, but i still couldnt get rift to fire up with flyinside (hence removing oculus).

I should also mention i did a clean driver install (eventually) with all this and it didnt help (nvidia)

Secondarily to all this.. has anyone compared 4SGSS with no SGSS in NI?
To me, i think the difference is substantial enough as far as shimmering goes in VR land.

So far, the only performance (increase) difference i see, between single card and SLI mode, seems to be the SGSS.. if i turn SGSS to 4x on a single card.. it tanks the ATW frame rate .. so 23/90 becomes something like 23/60.
When i go SLI, that 60 goes back to 90.. the base sim frame rate does not change, nor is it really affected by turning on full shadows etc either with SLI ( cept maybe 1.5 - 2 fps difference with the sim rate).

So my other question is.. is there some magic setting that may allow me to set 4SGSS with a single 1080 and not tank the ATW without lowering settings substantially (though even at 40 fps i was seeing something like 40/65 with SGSS enabled)

Thanks in advance with any of this..

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It appears that flyinside must install the d3d11.dll and 2 other dx related dlls.. apparently something got mangled during my many uninstall/reinstall attempts... as a result everytime i would try to launch p3d even without flyinside active, it would crash with an error related to one of these dll's... 

I've since gotten past this and back to testing again, but the other curiosities remain.

It appears that flyinside must install the d3d11.dll and 2 other dx related dlls.. apparently something got mangled during my many uninstall/reinstall attempts... as a result everytime i would try to launch p3d even without flyinside active, it would crash with an error related to one of these dll's... 

I've since gotten past this and back to testing again, but the other curiosities remain.

It seems that the Flight one GTN seems to break the frame rate, with the extra windows, which didnt happen before.. i could close them before, now it wont let me.. fps around 5fps..

And pan stuttering with SLI is still going on.

It seems that the Flight one GTN seems to break the frame rate, with the extra windows, which didnt happen before.. i could close them before, now it wont let me.. fps around 5fps..

And pan stuttering with SLI is still going on.

Someone in the flyinsidefsx side of things seemed to indicate that VR and flyinsidefsx dont mix.. leading to latency and other issues (and maybe the pan stuttering)?

I disabled sli, it didnt fix the stuttering however.. removing that second card did though.

I just cant hit 90 ATW with 4 SGSS and a single card.