Sign in to follow this  
Guest JustanotherPilot

Downloading files alternate download help - no resumption

Guest JustanotherPilot

I recently took advantage of the Laminar offer to get X-plane 11 free if you purchase the X-Plane 10 version digital. I currently have X-plane 10 Steam version installed over several computers but decided that the 'standalone' version would be more practical.

I have a problem in that whenever the 6gig  X-Plane 10 download is interrupted it does not resume from where it left off but starts from the beginning again.  At least the Steam version downloaded from the last interruption.

I would like to download all the files using a download manager, so that I can use these files to install on other computers.

I have tried to locate a support link at X-Plane.com but can only find knowledge base type files, no contact or ticketing system, which does not address this issue.

Can someone provide me with a support link or and alternative site to download these files using a download manager.

Any help would be appreciated.

steve

With the installer, you should be able to just download the minimum install without any scenery (and later add scenery). When I've used the installer and it's stopped/crashed out, it doesn't redownload all the files it needs again, but scans to see which ones it already has (Although it looks like it is starting from the beginning). If it's doing this then it sounds like a bug (try emailing support (at) x-plane.com)

Also, you can just take the X-Plane 10 folder it installs and copy it to another computer, it will work nicely as X-Plane runs completely self-contained out of that folder.

Guest JustanotherPilot

With the installer, you should be able to just download the minimum install without any scenery (and later add scenery). When I've used the installer and it's stopped/crashed out, it doesn't redownload all the files it needs again, but scans to see which ones it already has (Although it looks like it is starting from the beginning). If it's doing this then it sounds like a bug (try emailing support (at) x-plane.com)

Also, you can just take the X-Plane 10 folder it installs and copy it to another computer, it will work nicely as X-Plane runs completely self-contained out of that folder.

Thanks Tony, I'll keep trying and use the supplied support email

steve