Sign in to follow this  
boofhead

Instrument Panel Problems

I have Prepar3d runing now and there are not many helicopter models I can find for this program.  I have some for FSX that run OK but many of them do not allow me to display the instrument panel.  I move the gauges file from FSX into P3D, outting it in Giages and also into Panels but no joy.  does anyone know a good source for P3d helicopter models?  Or tricks on how to make FSX Helicopeter models work?

Also I find, common with FSX, that I cannot make the panels that do work show the way I want them to.  For example the panel usually comes with the center windscreen column sticking out of the top of the panel.  When I move the panel up to decrease the size of that column it causes the entire panel to move onto the outside view (I have three screens for outside view and one below them for the instrument panel) which obscures the outside view badly.  But if I move the panel lower to not obstruct the outside view the part that is the instrument panel is tiny and too low.  Can I crop the panel to remove that column or simply have a blank panel that shows only the gauges?

Alternatively can I make the outside view (Cockpit) overlay the instrument panel so that the annoying part is behind the outside view and not in sight?

I have had the same problems before in FSX but learned to live with them but I want this attempt to be more professional.

EMT?

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

"I want this attempt to be more professional."

Look in the Learning Center H:\Prepar3d V3\Learning Center.chm and create new camera views ...

Jorge

PS The best helicopter you can get is the DODO 206 from dodosim...and stay away from EMT (if you know what it is ,) as if you use it will be hard to get support...

Dodosim models are rated for FS2004 or FSX only.   How do they work with P3D?  Has anyone tried them?