Sign in to follow this  
Nigel

Unable to load Saved LittleNav Flight Plan into FSX

Hi, hope some-one can help or advise me.

I Had used LittleNav on FSX and been able to create and load a flight plan but after having to do a complete re-install of Win7 then a complete re-install of FSX I am now finding that after succesfully creating a flight plan with LittleNav then saving it, when I go to Flight Planner in FSX and select the flight plan I saved it will not load into FSX.

Not sure why as previously I had no trouble with it.  

LittleNav is an excellent flight planner and will go to say that is the best programme I have used so hoping that somebody could advise me how to get FSX to load the flight plan I have created.

Regards

Nigel.

Nigel,

I remember a bug in the version 1.0.5 that saved an empty RouteType (HightAlt, LowAlt, VOR, etc.) into the PLN file when building a flight plan manually.

FSX refuses to load these plans (without an error message :rolleyes:).

Try to calculate the flight plan (Calculate Radionav, whatever) and edit it after the calculation.

Alex

Hi Alex and many thanks for your quick response.

Re started FSX and made a flight plan saved it as before, lo and behold, it loaded into FSX.  Don't know why this happened but now up and running and able to load flight plans without any problems.

BTW, very many thanks for such a brilliant flight planner, have found that flying from VOR to VOR on a set radial and looking at the GPS I am always on track whereas when I used to use the FSX Flight Planner and on a radial heading I always found that I was flying just off track i.e. to the left or right of it.  

Flying now is so much better with your LittleNav. 

Again, many thanks.

Regards

Nigel.

Hi Nigel,

glad it is working now.

The GPS gives you the course of the great circle route which is not the right one to approach a VOR. Depending on conditions it can be a few degrees off.

The "Direct °M" column in the flight plan table and also the course at the flight plan lines show the heading of the so called "rhumb line" or loxodrome.

That is a line of constant heading that should be used to fly towards or from a VOR.

I think this whole topic is worth a separate post.

Alex

Thanks Alec, still finding my way round this little gem and thoroughly enjoying making flight plans now.  I have only just come back onto the internet after being off for about five years and was able to download your LittleNav from the Public Library (which is unusual as  public libraries in Britain often block downloads with an exe.file) and although I previously tried other flight planners that were obtained through a friends computer none of them were able to show a map when off-line which mean't that the process of actually creating a flight plan was not what it should have been. (hope I have explained it correctly).

With your LittleNav I found that being able to create a flight plan complete with a map when off-line was a big improvement to my flight simming and once again, thank you for such a brilliant navigation planner..

Regards 

Nigel.