Sign in to follow this  
alexdm

Engines 1 and 4 stop after 5 min and never start again

This has happened only last week after weeks of no problem flying. 

I attempted starting engines as I usually did having the FSE performing the "before start" routine then starting the engines with the 3-4-2-1 sequence but after a few turns the engine 1 and engine 4 propellers stopped. 

I checked the Engines health and all 4 have green discs.

The other thing is that if I restart the PC and then launch XPlane, all 4 engines start well, but after about 30-40 seconds 1 and 4 stop going and there is no way to start them again. 

Also, in the XPlane "Equipment & Failures" panel, engines 1 and 4 are marked in red as inoperative and if I tried to change their state to operative, it didnt go, it stayed red/inoperative. Also clicking on reset all.

i have got XP 10.51 64 bit on Windows 7-64 bit - 8x3.5 MHz - 8GB RAM - 3GB VRAM 

hope  someone has got some suggestions :-)

many thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

hope  someone has got some suggestions :-)

I too have had this problem and it seems that it occurs when I have been away from this aircraft a few days and try to manually start.  I have found that starting with engines running once or twice seems to break the cycle and then I can go back to normal operation.  Since this aircraft has a cumulative memory of what is going on with its engines, this might affect this symptom.  Don't know, but the above strategy has taken care of it.

John

• Like 1