Sign in to follow this  
pilotmalte96

P3D crashes

Hi there,

I have a very weird problem. I just reinstalled P3D because my Sim always crashed when I wanted to fly in Europe (Aerosft Rom,Berlin EDDB and London, Taxi2Gate EDDM and Jetstream LICJ). I did not show any error message at all, it just crashed. On Aerosofts Website it said, that these Add Ons are compatible with P3D v3.4. Now during the reinstalling I tested after every installation of an Add On to see what could cause these crashes. After installing REX Texture Direct + Soft clouds the crashes first appeared. Anyone got any solution for this? In Asia or America everything works fine except for Flytampa Montreal. There I have the same problem.

REX4 are just textures, so it would be uncommon for REX4 to be causing your CTD.

Have you used AppCrashView to determine what the faulty module is?

Also, AVSIM has a good Crash to Desktop Guide, located on the Right Side of most every AVSIM Webpage.  It's worth giving a look.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

@DaveCT2003

Thank you very much for the fast reply. I just installed the AppCrashView and tested it. The crash is caused by the ai_player.dll. It also crashes now after I unistalled the sceneries. I just looked it up in the CTD Guide but none of the mentioned solutions seems to fit my problem mainly because I do not use any traffic add on or refers to the mentioned areas..

Thanks @pilotmalte96.

1. It would be helpful for us to actually see the AppCrashView entry for the P3D Crashes - but please don't copy and paste it in a post here, but rather create a text file, please copy the lower AppCrashView window (there is a "Select All" feature available), paste it into a text file (Notepad), and upload the file to Dropbox, MediaFire or similar service, and provide the link in your response post?  It's much, MUCH easier/faster to review the report in this manner.  I'm not sure if it's still available, but you might also try the free web hosting from OZx Image Hosting located at http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2.

2. Also, please compare the last 3 or 4 P3D crashes to see if the same faulty module was called out. If there were different ones in the same time frame, then would you please include a list of faulty modules?

3. They may not be needed, but if you have the time would you please provide your system specifications?

4. Regarding the AVSIM CTD Guide, you must have missed it, but there is an section just for "ai_player.dll" crashes.  You might try searching the CTD Guide (using Control-F or selecting "Find" from the Edit menu in your PDF viewer).  Failing that, you can find it at the bottom of page 28 (the Table of Contents lists it on page 27).

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Best wishes.

Dave

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Hmmm...I was about to post a similar problem when I spotted this!

Northbound out of EDDI Berlin, 3 flights have failed with a CTD exactly as described.

However my setup looks very different - P3D 2.5, FTX Gold, Traffic 360, nearest payware airport Drzwski EKRN (Bornholm Island), Alabeo Aztec.

I've flown the route north previously in a different aircraft, and southbound since in a different aircraft.

I suspect AI, and was going to suppress AI for the next attempt - I had a similar problem last year around Gatwick 'fixed' by suppressing AI.

Wasn't aware of the CTD guide but reading it now UK2000 Gatwick is called out as a potential issue (I have the lite version I think).

So...thanks for the info :)

Cheers

Keith

Here ist the Link to the text files. https://1drv.ms/f/s!AkABiXUJ5whmke8_ipNyV1cY4E60Cw  <-- I tried it two more times and now the AppCrashView reports a Kernelbase.dll error. 

My system is: Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit, GTX1070, i7 6700K, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB, Mainbord ASUS z170 Pro Gaming, 16GB DDR4 RAM 

I found that section in the CTD Guide but none of the solutions seemed to be applicable for me because I dont use a traffic add on, furthermore traffic is turned off in my settings. I also dont use ORBX Pacific Northwest and I dont have airport with their own AI.

And I tested it always at EDDM standard scenery. In the US or in general North America it works fine. I forgot to mention that I have ORBX Global + Vector + OpenLC NA installed