Sign in to follow this  

Flashing Mouse Cursor

I am using FSX SE and still have Thi problem.  I am running in windowed mode.  Can anybody help?

For some reason, the mouse cursor has been flashing/blinking rapidly when FSX is on the screen. It's almost as if some other program is trying to load, but I don't think this is the case. This only happens in full-screen mode, not in windowed mode. Since I prefer to fly in full-screen mode, I'd like to resolve this problem. Anyone know what's causing this, or what might be a possible cause? Thanks.

Pmdg will send you a new cfg if you raise a ticket that solves this problem. Well they did for me on the 737ngx. Some developers will do this some won't

There is a file somewhere for default planes too can't remember the name but pm me and next time I am on my pc I'll send you the details
Regards
Pmdg will send you a new cfg if you raise a ticket that solves this problem. Well they did for me on the 737ngx. Some developers will do this some won't

There is a file somewhere for default planes too can't remember the name but pm me and next time I am on my pc I'll send you the details
Regards

Please, Please send me the cfg if you still have it.  This issue is killing my fps and destroying FSX.  I cannot wait to finally get my PMDG licences for P3D.

I am using FSX SE and still have Thi problem.  I am running in windowed mode.  Can anybody help?

Please, Please send me the cfg if you still have it.  This issue is killing my fps and destroying FSX.  I cannot wait to finally get my PMDG licences for P3D.

I will see what I can do (not at home presently) , but in meantime this is a work around I think that will solve it ,

Using nvidia surround?

You need to go into the panel.cfg and find the brackets for the windows such as [Window00], [Window01] and so on. Within each window you'll see a line that says size_mm=1280,960 or whatever that window size may be. All you need to do is add a line right under the size_mm= line that says pixel_size=1280,960. That pixel size line is what will resize the window properly and not cause the spinning cursor.

So what ever the resolution size of the size_mm= numbers are, copy those into the new line you add pixel_size=.

If you do already have a pixel entry just change it to the same as the size_mm= sizes

You may need to resize them on the screen once they open as they probably will open very large but you won't get the flickering cursor you anymore the only one might not work is i think it shift 1 which shows the whole dashboard so just avoid pressing shift 1 :-)

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11