Sign in to follow this  
forkedtail

Problem with RAF Gutersloh scenery

I have not been able to get the helicopter AI package to work in this fantastic scenery.  I have followed the directions as closely as I am able, but the helicopters fail to appear. Can anyone who has used this scenery give me some advice? I followed the manual exactly.

The ADF file for the heli part is faulty (the Hold Short Nodes are too far away from the runway).

The name of the file is AF2_1TUO.BGL. You can fix the problem with one of the ADF tools (AFCAD will do).

However, you say the helis don't appear at all, so that can't be the problem you experience.

The helis should show up and pile up at the Hold Short Node, never taking off.

To examine traffic files and related aircraft files there is a fine tool ACA available here (http://aifs.pvdveen.net/).

I solved the helicopter problem in the ETUO scenery.  The manual for the scenery assumed just a little more knowledge than I had with AI installation.  The copters require the use of AI aircraft from a completely different scenery at MAIW.  You have to find the aircraft there, get skins from another source, and lastly install traffic files provided from the ETUO authors.  Definitely the toughest puzzle I have tackled in my limited experience (13 years with FS9), but it works fantastically.!

Did the expansion pack featuring the Harrier hides ever get released?  I've seen lots of screen-shots but no package availability.