Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

Windows 10 Network Issue:-(

Having just upgraded 2 almost identical machines from Win7 to Windows 10, I find I have a serious problem on just one, that I haven’t been able to fix…
On the main FS server PC, although the device manager shows no issues, the wired internet and network connection keeps dropping out.  It works fine on initial boot up, but once I attempt to copy or move a file from the main PC to the client, it fails and the connection drops out.  It happens with either an upgrade to Win10, or a clean installation.

Both motherboards are variants of the Asus P8Z68-V, a Pro version using an Intel Gigabit LAN chip, and an LE with a Realtek controller.

I’d really like to have all my machines on the same OS, so would be mega grateful for any help.
Cheers 

Having just upgraded 2 almost identical machines from Win7 to Windows 10, I find I have a serious problem on just one, that I haven’t been able to fix…

On the main FS server PC, although the device manager shows no issues, the wired internet and network connection keeps dropping out.  It works fine on initial boot up, but once I attempt to copy or move a file from the main PC to the client, it fails and the connection drops out.  It happens with either an upgrade to Win10, or a clean installation.

Both motherboards are variants of the Asus P8Z68-V, a Pro version using an Intel Gigabit LAN chip, and an LE with a Realtek controller.

I’d really like to have all my machines on the same OS, so would be mega grateful for any help.

Cheers 

I would try going into device manager and deleting and or updating Realtek drivers. Nothing to lose and it's the first thing that comes to mind.  If you have two different driver versions it may pose a problem or not, are both chipsets the same on both mobo;s?

I found networking much more robust and secure with Win 10. The sharing/permission aspects are some what different but easily handled.

Best

BaldyB