Sign in to follow this  
alekee

Is this option available?

I was enjoying an evening flight with AS2016 and ASCA when i decided to mess around with AS2016 and find some live challenging weather conditions from different airports and stumbled on 1. Sydney airport metar indicated some powerful gusts and moderate turbulence below 5000 ft.

I wanted to try out this approach later on so i tried looking for an option to save the metar within AS2016 so i could fly it later on but couldn't find such an option and had to save the metar elsewhere .Which brings me to my question is such an option available in AS2016 to save a specific metar within the weather engine or is something developers at HI-FI may consider implementing in the future. :dance:

Use the historical weather option. It will load weather for a given time and place based on historical metar data.

True. but i would argue that without the date when the conditions occurred , you are unable to replicate  those exact conditions, without the time too,would prove to be quite a hassle as the metar might have changed . But with an option to save a particular metar within the weather engine, chances are even if i were to forget the date and time for the given conditions, it's saved in the simulator. Just open AS2016,select the saved metar and fly. :smile: