I'm looking at getting a new yoke (Redbird), and have noted that it doesn't come with a POV switch (my current worn-out yoke is a 12 year old CH products).   So I'm trying to figure out how to use a stand-alone POV switch-  firstly do they exist, and if so- secondly has anyone tried using one.

I could use the POV switch on the CH yoke, as I have no other plans for it,  but just the amount of space taken up by a yoke just for the purposes of having a POV switch is a little impracticable.... given the limited space I have to work with.

Any ideas much appreciated.

Thanks,  Bruce.

Bruce,

I am no expert in this so hopefully someone else will chime in but yes, you can buy either a 4 way or 8 way hat switch as a standalone that you can then incorporate into your own console or whatever.  However, you will need to interface it to a board and do some rudimentary programming to get it to work.  There are also a variety of boards out there so you will again need to make some decisions.  The board plugs into the computer via a USB port. The switch itself is not expensive and you can buy them on e-bay.

You may want to check around and see if there is a way to program a switch or something on your Redbird.  I have a PFC C2 Professional console and I was able to program the rocker switch on the Beech Yoke (right side) to pan right or left in P3D or snap right or left in X-Plane.  Not perfect but it works for traffic which is why I need it.  Am considering a Track-IR unit but have not made the plunge.

Check out the home cockpit section in this forum and also online if your question has not been answered.

Best ... Steve (n4208t)