Sign in to follow this  
hjsmuc

PF3, XP11 and the connector

Does anyone who owns PF3 try it yet with XP11? I understand that you must buy a connector piece of software (~25 bucks) to make it work but for this connector there is no trial. I haven't bought PF3 yet and would like to hear from someone who has actively used it with at least XP10 before investing into both. Thanks for any heads up.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Does anyone who owns PF3 try it yet with XP11? I understand that you must buy a connector piece of software (~25 bucks) to make it work but for this connector there is no trial. I haven't bought PF3 yet and would like to hear from someone who has actively used it with at least XP10 before investing into both. Thanks for any heads up.

Hi Hans

I use it as my only ATC for Xplane 10.51 and it works great.

I am glad you mention it as its something I need to do when ever I get around to installing X Plane 11 beta.

You have to purchase and install the plugin PFEtoXplane from MCE in order to make that work.

That plugin was mainly to allow you to use MCE for Xplane with Xplane and PF3 together. I tested the voice function as well as the key command it all works. The copilot function works as well. It will change frequency on the radio and handle communication with ATC if chose the let copilot handle those task. 

It has worked on every aircraft I use, IXEG 737, Jar-design A320 and x737.

When doing the installation follow the instruction to the letter.

Also you must install PF3 on the same machine that X-plane is running. It will not work across the network due the limitation in XPUIPC although have the latest version of that installed. (However other apps do work across the network, FSGRW and EFASS and Topcat.

Key points:

When using PF3, keep in mine it is still a FSX or PD3 product. When I need to update the database for runways from Xplane. I will have the equivalent airports on loaded on FSX.  Then I can run the MakeRwys and build the new csv files that can be read into PF3. I am not aware of any other method that will work directly from X plane but it work for me.

Most of the airports I use in Xplane, I have in FSX as well.

When making your flight plans using third party software, you will still build and save them in the Flight simulator format and save them in a folder of you choice. When your are ready the load the flight plan, just point to the folder where you save them and PF3 will read them.

You use a combination of both PFPX, Topcat, Toper and EFASS. PFPX using mostly for flight planning. I use EPASS as an equivalent EFB. I use it the download flight plans into some of the supported aircraft (if they work) and mainly as a map mover). That is mainly to taxi around the airports if the instruction are incorrect.

When taxing, something the routes will match up with some airports and sometime it won't. What I do as a work around is just taxi to the runway and then change radio the control towel to get clearance for take off. It is a documented work around on Oncourse software. Its not an X plane issue, its mainly due with having old airport information still in the database.   

Bob