Sign in to follow this  
richie894

My DIY Mount/ Base for MFG Crosswind Pedals

So I figured I would make something to secure my MFG Crosswind pedals to prevent slipping and make them more sturdy. I went to Home Depot and spent less than $9 on parts.

- 48" piece of MDF (had store cut to 20" wide)

- Piece of 2 ft 1/2" PVC pipe

- Piece of foam pipe insulation 

mfg1_zps5l8b82cm.jpg

I wanted a slight incline to the pedals so I created a foam/ pvc structure to raise the back of the base.The foam makes the structure more floor/ wall friendly as it does not scratch. I used PVC inside the foam to make it more rigid and prevent the foam from compressing under the weight.

I started with cutting the pvc and foam to length. I applied glue to the pvc pipe and inserted into the foam to make a kind of industrial corn dog. I then drilled and screwed the pvc/ foam piece along the back of the wood base with 5 screws.

I cut another piece of foam with a notch along the length and slipped along the bottom edge of the base. I glued this in place also.

mfg2_zpsuzpe7sta.jpg

I didn't see the need to paint it as it is under the desk. But it could easily be painted before you apply the pedals. I then secured the pedals onto the base using 4 screws through the holes already on the base of the pedals.

mfg3_zpswqnrlcvd.jpg

mfg4_zpsvh9vwcro.jpg

Not only was it cheap, the whole thing took less than 20 minutes to make and is way more secure. It does not move around/ or tip to the side. This design can be used for other types of pedals.

Thought I would share.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Being in a creative mood this weekend I went to Joann's Fabrics and picked up some black and white digital camo fabric for under $7 and pulled my wife's sowing machine out of the garage. I created some dust covers for my Warthog Hotas joystick, throttle and the pedals which I created in the above post. First time I have done any sewing since I was about 10 years old! Now I do not have to worry about keeping the equipment clean and free of pet hair etc. 

covers_zpscovyxpyg.png