Sign in to follow this  
Lucas777

Xplane as platform for home made cockpit

Hey guys, I asked on xplane forums but I had no feedback so I will try here.

I've doing some work in a B737NG cockpit with FSX and simconnect, I have made some progress but FSX is really unstable, and considering is not longer being developed that can only change to worse.

So, what I would like to know about xplane is:

- Does it come with a SDK?

- Does it have a decent B737NG? (Either default or addon).

Thanks in advance!

You haven't been able to have much success with the PMDG 737? What sort of hardware are you using in your build? If you are planning on using a lot of Flight Deck Solutions equipment then their proprietary avionics suite might be a good option to run on your build.

You haven't been able to have much success with the PMDG 737? What sort of hardware are you using in your build? If you are planning on using a lot of Flight Deck Solutions equipment then their proprietary avionics suite might be a good option to run on your build.

Hi! Yes, PDMG 737 is great but FSX is not, I just need a more stable platform

Hardware is custom, I'm building the panels myself.

One thing to look into would be running a project magenta system into plane. I think they are very well respected in the home cockpit field, and I believe their system runs into basically all of the standard sims (FSX,P3D,Xplane). I would highly suggest X-plane 10. I picked it up a year ago from FSX and couldn't be happier.

http://www.projectmagenta.com

Thanks, I'm not sure if it suits my needs but anyway I contacted them some time ago and it is just too expensive, I can't afford it.

Getting back on topic, I guess my questions about xplane have negative answers, or I would have received some answers on their forum.

It seems P3D is the only choice that left