Sign in to follow this  
BamaKevin

Having issue with textures loading slow.

I am running Windows 7 64 bit with P3d v3.4 using Ftx global with vector, Lc North America. CPU is 4690k with affinity mask 15. Also tried using 14. Gpu is Gtx 1080. Using 4k tv with 2048 texture resolution. Msaa set at 4x no fxaa in p3d. Nvidia Control Panel is set with single display performance mode and high quality. Fps set to unlimited with vsync on triple buffering on. Cfg is vanilla except for affinity I set. I always pan around when first loading a flight to let everything load. When panning on ground or airborne textures are slow to load by about 2 seconds or so. When flying there is terrain and scenery that's popping in as I get closer to it. Monitoring CPU and GPU usage in proc explorer CPU is at around 50 to 75% and Gpu is at around 30 to 60%. Can someone offer so me some input to help with this? Thank you

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Try dropping the AffinityMask completely from your cfg. You might also not need VSync and triple buffering. Also, try experimenting with setting the frame rate limited in NVidia Inspector to 30.5, leaving P3D's slider at unlimited.

The affinity mask made no difference. I have to have vsync on or else it stutters really bad. I did add Texture Max Load=30 and Fiber Fraction Time=0.01. And it seemed to help with the slow loading of airplane textures and ground textures around airports but as I am flying there is still autogen popping and ground textures popping.