Sign in to follow this  
maltedietsch3

Reloading Situation: screens dark, switches not clickable

Hello,

I am a long experienced flightsimmer and have purchased the PMDG 777-200 last weekend. This is a great plane but I have one big problem:

Whenever I load a situation (for example a landing approach), all displays are dark und i can't click any switches (they just don't react to my clicks and the mouse cursor does not change when over switches). So it's like "Cold and Dark Cockpit". I have to restart FSX:SE in order to be able to load the situation correctly.

Does anyone have an idea? 

Thanks

Malte Dietsch

---

FSX:SE 10.0.62615.0

PMDG 777-200

Intel 4790K 4GHz

8 GB RAM

Geforce 760

2 TB HDD

Does anyone have an idea? 

Sounds like you're re-loading the airplane. After you've loaded the 777, you cannot re-load it as part of a saved file. You need to exit the sim fully and then load the scenario.

(This is discussed in the Intro Manual.)

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Scandinavian,

I have read the section in the manual but I thought it refers to reloading the aircraft only. That's too bad because sometime I practise approaches over an over so I have to reload situations a lot.

Ok, but somehow I have to live with that beaviour. But shouln't occur in such a sophisticated and expensive aircraft.

Thanks

Malte Dietsch

But shouln't occur in such a sophisticated and expensive aircraft.

This isn't quite how life works though. We really can't include all the details we're including but still have the sim magically be okay with all the detail that it wasn't ever meant to handle. Paying more doesn't mean the sim's restrictions melt away.

Kyle Rodgers