Sign in to follow this  
Guest cimanera

AI Sounds - ways to make more realistic?

I understand that FSHotSFX provides good AI sound improvements (spooling jet engines, reversers etc). However, the program is not always compatible with other add-ons. So, I wonder if anyone can recommend alternative programs to enhance the airport sound environment? Thanks.Simon Longstaff

Guest bobsk8

I have used FShotSFX for about a year and have never found it incompatiblle with any FS9 add-ons.....

does FSHotseat work in the SQwarkbox environment?In Vatsim you can hardly hear the other traffic.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Hi BobThe problem that I have been experiencing is to do with the way FsHotSFX affects the operation of the PMDG 'Queen'. When FSHotSFX is enabled it seems to override one section of the comms - forcing the VOR/ADF tuner to the 'on' position - and this results in an unstoppable stream of morse 'beeps'. This occurs even when the aircraft settings are all set to 'silent' in the FSHotSFX config. Nothing I have been able to do has switched off the VOR/ADF tuner. If I do not start FSHotSFX, then all is fine aboard the 'Queen'. If you have any thoughts about how to resolve this issue, then please advise.I really like the effects provided by FSHotSFX - but if I have to choose between it and the PMDG 747, then I'm afraid that FSHotSFX will have to come a close second. And this means asking about a suitable alternative.ThanksSimon

Guest bobsk8

>does FSHotseat work in the SQwarkbox environment?>>In Vatsim you can hardly hear the other traffic.There is no AI in Squawkbox, so FShotseat doesn't do anything with AI....

Guest jboweruk

I use FSHotseat, as I like the copilot option, I would imagine that with a cp you only get the beeps on the nav radios when he/she is checking them then they get switched off, that at least is what happens in most of my aircraft, including the other PMDG models.

Thanks Asim (8BALL). I have looked at this file, However, it seems to require a significant amount of editing of aircraft cfg files. Still, it may be worth the effort.RegardsSimon

Guest saudi_777

No problem mate!! ;) Yeah, it can be pretty tedious work, but try my suggestion: Know the number of AI aircraft that you will edit for these AI replacement sounds, then put into your media player's playlist a whole bunch of your favorite MP3 albums, and listen to those albums while editing all of those Aircraft.cfg files. Trust me, you'll find that you'll be done in no time!! ;) I can even suggest some albums for you to listen.Though I wonder: Do Embraer and Bombardier regional jets get the small jet sounds, or the medium jet sounds, or the large jet sounds???? :-hmmm And what about Yak-40's as well???? :-hmmmCheers,

Guest cimanera

You're not the only one with this issue. I also have the problem, although I was not able e to trace the culprit until now, thanks to this thread!I use FSHS every time a fly (more for the sound effects than anything). For a long time I have had problems with many aircraft in that the audio would switch automatically on every time I would tune the radios or ADF etc. and I would have to turn it off manually. With the Aeroworx Kingair the problem is worst and seems to be exactly what you are suffering with the PMDG Queen. For me in the Kingair, once the radios are tuned for the first time, the audio turns on automatically and will not turn off even if I switch the audio button to the off position.I am not much of a computer wiz, but I'm going to hunt around the FSHS forum and see if learn anything about a solution. FSHS is one of my best add-ons and I wouldn't even want to consider flying without it.I'll let you know if I find anything.

I have contacted FSHotSFX support - and have alerted them to the problem. They have offered a couple of suggestions - neither of which solved the problem. With luck, they are trying to track down the cause of the problem. If I have any luck, then I will post a response.RegardsSimonps. Looks like i could be in for a long night of editing aircraft.cfg files!

Guest cimanera

I haven't had a chance to test fully, but I have noticed that if I wait until FS9 is fully launched before launching FSHS, I do not have the problem. I have tested only with the Aeroworx Kingair, but it seems to be consistent. Please try it with the Queen, and let me know if it works for you. Just make sure the FS9 is fully lunched (i didn't have to go as far a choosing an aircraft, just made sure i was at the :create/choose a flight" screen) before running FSHS. If that doesn't work, try going further and loading your aircraft before launching FSHS.

Guest cimanera

Regarding the uncontrolable mores code beeps when using FS Hotseat on some aircraft, here is a solution I got from FSHS Support(in their works):"NAV Radio IDENT OPTION>> By default, FSHS automatically manages navigation radio ident mode when> radio is tuned to a new station. An optional setting "Ident" can be> used to> modify this behavior:> Ident=0 or omitted will restore default FSHS auto ident.> Ident=1 will not auto switch to ident mode but copilot will read out> active> station and turn off ident if you switch ident on.> Ident=2 will turn off all auto ident and copilot will not read out> active> station.>> Example:>> Ident=2>> Will disable all FSHS ident functions."WHERE TO FIND THE FILE/HOW TO MAKE THE ADJUSTMENT:"You may not find "ident" by searching.From earlier in the Help file:[Options] sectionAdd the switches below to the [Options] section of the FSHotSeat.ini (inthe FSHS main folder.) If the [Options] does not exist then add it (onlyonce) and place option switches underneath it. You must restart FSHotSeatfor these changes to take effect and you may have to restart MSFS....so, in FSHotSeat.ini,[Options] 'Create if it doesn't existIdent=x "Hope this helps!