Sign in to follow this  
Scott58

KBT Lockheed Electra mods

anyone have any mods for the Electra by KBT such as reflections removed from the cockpit windows and the engines off and ready for starting. I hope someday someone might improve the VC, the model is great!

I have the Team KBT Lockheed P-3C Orion that is always started from a "cold and dark" scenario.  That relates to

your default flight, which is how I have mine set.  I've never paid much attention to the cockpit window reflections.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

ok, is there instructions on how to setup that scenario? I have not done this before. I just hate the reflections in the windows

For my "cold and dark" scenario/default flight I chose the default Baron 58 and setup a flight at an airport (your choice).  This is a VFR flight with the same airport as departure and destination.

Once the Sim starts and you are in your parking place (not on the runway) at the airport, turn off the engine, lights and electrical. Leave the Master Avionics switch ON.  Set your parking brake, set any weather conditions you like.  Make sure the throttles are at idle, the prop rpm levers are at full and the mixture levers are full rich.

Hit the semicolon key ; label the flight "DEFAULT"  skip the quotes.  Put a check mark in the "Save as Default Flight" box and hit SAVE.

I treat this default flight scenario as a "sacred cow" and never touch it, fly it, or mess with it.  I always start a new flight along with destinations and departure airports.  To each his own!

Now all of your aircraft will start in this condition.  You will need to practice starting your aircraft engines, both props and jets.

Once again, I'm not into messing with window reflections.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I appreciate the information thank you this will help me I only hope now someone might know how to remove the reflections on the windows Love This Plane just wish it had a better VC on it

I appreciate the information thank you this will help me I only hope now someone might know how to remove the reflections on the windows Love This Plane just wish it had a better VC on it

Try removing the file labeled G_REFRECT.BMP from the folder labeled texture.  I just tried it and saw no reflections in the VC windows.

Charlie Aron

Just looked in my elec_pass folder and texture. I have no such BMP.

oops, I found it!