Sign in to follow this  
burm

Airbus Steep Appr

Hi

I have been trying to do the A318 steep appr into EGLC according to the Aerosoft tutorial and with the plane configured accordingly

but when on final the throttles seem to spool up into TOGA.

I have watched videos on YouTube and followed the Aerosoft tutorial and cannot get it to continue properly.

Anyone got any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

thanks

Paul

Could it be the fact you're flying an Airbus :wink:?

Sorry, couldn't resist and I hope you'll get help from someone who knows why the aircraft behaves in the way you describe.

Fact is I remember I watched an episode of the Aircraft investigation series where pretty much the same thing happened IRL where the aircraft wouldn't allow the pilot to perform the landing he aimed for since the automatic systems in the aircraft considered the approach in one way or the other was dangerous although the investigation later on came to the conclusion what the pilot did was perfectly safe and the best thing to do in the given situation. The result was the aircraft crashed in a nearby forrest close to the end of the runway.

Unfortunately I don't remember the exact details because it was a long time ago I watched this but I do remember something was later changed in the automatic systems in the Airbus to make sure this would never happen again and to make sure the pilot would always get the last word rather than the aircraft.

Richard Åsberg