Sign in to follow this  
mrlip

Night lighting & Fog

Hi All

I am looking for some advice/help on lighting and foggy conditions on FSX.

Yesterday I flew into Heathrow which was experiencing low visibility conditions (200-300M) however I could see the runway lighting through the fog pretty much for the whole distance of the runway as well as the surrounding area lighting which really ruins the whole point of a CATII/CATIII approach. The following add-ons were in use

FTX Global

FTX LC
FTX Vector

UK2000 Heathrow Xtreme

ActiveSky Next
REX4 TD

After doing some experimenting I realised that the runway lighting issue was linked to the UK2000 scenery as it didn't happen at default or other add-on scenery airports that I tested. However the surrounding area lighting issue happens at all airports so I believe that must be an issue with FTX lights? I believe from reading a couple of other forum posts there is an FSX limitation regarding fog and night lighting which causes problems for add-on scenery makers.

Can anyone offer any help in regards to suitable workarounds? Would upgrading to DX10 and Steve's fixer fix this issue?

Thanks for any help

FYI, For those experiencing this problem, DX10 and Steves fixer solves them

• Upvote 1