Sign in to follow this  
sascha

GA Traffic tool: Help needed!

Hi all, I just installed the GA Traffic tool: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004util&DLID=47722 but I don't see the difference. The utility installed, found the FS installation no problem, I updated airport lists, date etc.. and it ran merrily creating the AI. But I got no finish message and I can't find the traffic-ga.bgl it was supposed to create in scenery/world/scenery.

Any help/pointers would be very welcome indeed!

Sascha

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Any help/pointers would be very welcome indeed!

Check that all your paths are correct in the Settings tab (I can't remember whether GA-Traffic automatically creates a default path or scans for your actual one).

Then check the Bin folder in the GA-Traffic directory. Run the TTools.exe in there and set the paths for TTools as well.

Finally set the GA-Traffic.exe to "Run this program as an administrator" and you're ready to go.

Note that GA-Traffic won't recognise many of your add-on AFCADs, especially if there is no default airport/airfield/farmstrip already existing in FS2004.

After many years of head-banging over this issue I now think that GA-Traffic will also reject any AFCAD that has errors which show up in ADE, AFCAD221 or AFX.

Most of the AFCAD's it doesn't recognise in my setup are too much hassle to fix and appear to be working fine otherwise, so I use Airport AI Enhancer by Gunnar Daehling in those cases with 100% success!

I only use GA-Traffic and Airport AI Enhancer for creating my GA AI Traffic, everything else is courtesy of World of AI, for me it's the quickest and most painless way to get the exact aircraft I want at the exact airfield I want: Install the aircraft, check/edit the AFCAD parking radius, run GA-Traffic or Airport AI Enhancer. A 15-minute process at the most, from start to finish.