Sign in to follow this  
sascha

Welcome to FS9 Evolution

Dear fellow flight simmer,

thanks to the kindness of Tom & his team here at Avsim there is now a dedictated FS9 Evolution forum. This is going to be very helpful indeed. Everyone who shares an obsession with or love of FS9 is welcome to post!

If you have not heard of FS9 Evolution before, it is a global texture makeover for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 ACOF and tries to create a realistic and believable environment in FS9.

Current screenshots can be found here: https://plus.google.com/u/0/117587056222120146687/posts

I won't go into details about Evo now, because there are lots of comments and images both from contributors and me in the posts which will be moved here hopefully later today, as soon as I provide Tom with a list of the various threads scattered around the forums. And of course I hope that more posts will come, with comments and suggestions on Evo. Of course I will provide support for contributors here, too.

So anyone with comments, suggestions or complaints about Evo, please feel free to air them here!

Best regards,

Sascha

• Like 1

Is there a main difference between FS9evo and the Russian orbx textures globally when it comes to separate continents/countries? As far as I've read some topics on both avsim.com and Russian avsim there is some blending problems /colour with the textures when flying over the Russian federation.

Sorry if it's the wrong place to ask, I'm just curious about it

Hi Tushka,

I don't know about the Russian Orbx textures, but I like to fly Russian heavy metal and also light occasionally, so I have not neglected Russia! I don't know the country well so I can't say if the textures are accurate but they do blend in well with the occasional photoscenery eg. Moscow, Sochi.

But how a region looks is very much dependent on the landclass used. Unfortunately I don't have a landclass for all of Russia. If one exists I would be very grateful for a link!

That said, I would be happy to make some screenshots if you want to see how a certain region looks with Evo textures.

Best,

Sascha

Hi Tushka,

I don't know about the Russian Orbx textures, but I like to fly Russian heavy metal and also light occasionally, so I have not neglected Russia! I don't know the country well so I can't say if the textures are accurate but they do blend in well with the occasional photoscenery eg. Moscow, Sochi.

But how a region looks is very much dependent on the landclass used. Unfortunately I don't have a landclass for all of Russia. If one exists I would be very grateful for a link!

That said, I would be happy to make some screenshots if you want to see how a certain region looks with Evo textures.

Best,

Sascha

That's good to hear! Unfortunately as for landclass I haven't found anything and it's mostly just for small regions (oblasts) that aren't worth the effort as Russia is a huge country. There is global mesh though, and landclass is normally around the airports area so it's not too bad. Even if you're flying lower with turboprops such as An-24 you still have a lot to do on the flightdeck so you don't really bother looking at the ground hence it is ok.

I doubt FS9 uses different textures for Russia than with Europe and China as they do look very much alike, but I might be wrong. You could say the same for the autogen so if you replace it with Russian houses it would ruin Europe as they're going to be placed there as well.

There is global mesh though

What mesh do you use? I have FS Terrain but that does not cover Russia I think.

Sascha

What mesh do you use? I have FS Terrain but that does not cover Russia I think.

Sascha

FS Global, it's not one of the best and is very old but so far I haven't found any alternatives

Where I can get these beautifull textures?

I'm saw the video and the pictures of it. Best textures I have ever seen until now for Fs9.

I hope to get them :lol:

FlyingEngineer

I am an enthusiastic flight simulator pilot from Germany with strong interests in aeronautics, materials science, engineering and programming. As I was just starting to learn English when I began virtual flying as a child, please excuse the poor English of my earlier posts (2015-2018) 🙂

FlightSim: MSFS2020 | JF BAe 146 Pro - PMDG 737-800 - Fenix A320

System Specs: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII FORMULA - Intel Core i7 6700K OC  4,3 Ghz - ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC-Edition 11GB GDDR5X - 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-2666 - Corsair Hydro Series H110i - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD - Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit - CH Flight Sim Yoke - CH Pro Pedals

Wow!!  Impressive.  Just stopping by for a quick look.  Keep up the good work!

Respectfully,

Jet

Tell me this one is free.

But these look awesome 

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Not totally free, but you can contribute whatever you feel it is worth to you or what you can afford!

Cheers,

Sascha

Not totally free, but you can contribute whatever you feel it is worth to you or what you can afford!

Cheers,

Sascha

Hi,

I will definitely get your stuff but not right. It looks very impressive.. 

BTW Can you post some pics of Canada ? I am a bush pilot.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

BTW Can you post some pics of Canada ?

Sure, will do over the weekend.

Sascha

Here are the promised BC screenshots, taking off from Bella Coola. Holger Sandmann's Bella Coola + UT and some other landclass stuff.

Bella_Coola_2014_1.jpg

Bella_Coola_2014_2.jpg

Bella_Coola_2014_3.jpg

Bella_Coola_2014_4.jpg

Bella_Coola_2014_5.jpg

Bella_Coola_2014_6.jpg

Bella_Coola_2014_7.jpg

Bella_Coola_2014_8.jpg

Bella_Coola_2014_9.jpg

Bella_Coola_2014_10.jpg

Best wishes,

Sascha