Sign in to follow this  
Guest prichards

Survivor finale--had to laugh...

At the end of part one of the Survivor Finale, host Jeff Probst is shown getting into a Twin Otter in the South Pacific. A "cute" graphic then shows the Twin Otter moving across a map to Honolulu, then on to So Cal, where the intrepid Mr. Probst is shown jumping out of the aircraft.I know the Twin Otter is a great aircraft, but trans pacific range? Only in Hollywood :)-John

Guest Larry S

Must have had "unlimited fuel" checked. *:-*

Guest ba747heavy

lol I didn't even think of the range issue.....but I thought the jump was as lame as it came. Just me of course ;)

Guest prichards

I was watching Outback Jack last week and the girls where walking over to a Cessna Caravan for a jump into the Western Australia outback and the host says Welcome to Sydney. Funny thing was this airport was in the desert and looked nothing like Sydney, plus the Western Australian outback is probably out of range for a caravan from Sydney ( Without a fuel stop )

Guest Armstrang

Hey, these are the same people who give us our "news".

Guest ENZV

I was watching Outback Joe a few days ago.. one girl had to be voted out, because the host said there was "only" enough space for 5 pax in the C172 they were standing in front of.. A girl got voted off, and they were seen taking off in a 208B Caravan .. :-lol

>Hey, these are the same people who give us our "news".Makes the reliability of news reporters vividly clear, doesn't it?

>>I know the Twin Otter is a great aircraft, but trans pacific>range? Only in Hollywood :)>Nah, I've done it in FS.Just land on all those aircraft carriers strewn around the ocean (and all those secret islands the CIA placed along the way to hide the true murderers of JFK, Elvis, Marilyn Monroe, MLK, and all those others).