Sign in to follow this  
oriusmagus

Which P3Dv3 and OS

Hey guys,

I need to reinstall my whole pc, so I got 2 questions. Maybe someone can give me some advice:

First would it be worse to upgrade from win 7( love it) to win 10? Especially when i will upgrade my motherborad and CPU in autumm? How it Deals with p3d? Are there more issues than benefits?

Secondly which Version would you recommend for p3dv3? Read from a lot of issues with the new HF2.

Thanks for your help :-)

Developer          www.facebook.com/Crossfeed-Design

Phil

I just updated my P3Dv3.4 from no hotfix to HF2 this week and had absolutely no problems.  I'm using it more than 12 hr/day too because I'm a retired hermit.

We stayed with Windows 7 at the engineering company I recently retired from for as long as we could but there's just too many things that it cannot do with today's technology.  Keep it simple, Windows 10, 6700K/7700K and fast DDR4 with SSD drives is the way to go.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi,

For better or worse, a reason to go with Windows 10 is that if you update your rig later this year and decide to go with one of Intel's new Kabylake CPUs, you'll find that ONLY Windows 10 has been updated to use the latest speedshift (throttling) feature that is now version 2 for Kabylake (Version 2 being faster than Intel's original V1 speedshift).  I was reading an article last night that Microsoft has no plans to support new Intel features on any OS other than Windows 10.

I'm not pleased with this situation either, but from this point forward, Windows 7 will being losing compatibility with the latest and greatest and as a result will be dying out.  Time to get on the train.

Mark

Hi,

I also heard about that situation. But I guess when its time to make an upgrade in my system (later this year or maybe next year) I will reinstall Windows again cleanly.

Sad to hear that they no longer will support win7 its a great OS in my eyes.

Developer          www.facebook.com/Crossfeed-Design

Phil