Sign in to follow this  
producerflie

Crash linked to pmdg dll

First off, I wanted to say hello to everyone. I have used this forum to find answers to many questions I have with my flight simming. However, I have encountered a problem which I can find zero information about. I have searched the forums and the net for hours and have found nothing.

Recently FSX has started to randomly freeze during flights. It also now freezes and crashes at exit 100% of the time. Normally a crash at exit would not bother me but I am certain these two problems are linked.

Every time the freezes/crashes occur are when I am usung the PMDG 737 NGX. In my search to find the problem this is what I have come up with.

Checking the DXDIAG it reports no problems found.

Checking the event manager here are the results:

- System
    - Provider
      [ Name] Application Error
    - EventID 1000
      [ Qualifiers] 0
      Level 2       Task 100       Keywords 0x80000000000000     - TimeCreated
      [ SystemTime] 2017-01-08T20:53:42.121109800Z
      EventRecordID 9655       Channel Application       Computer Owner       Security
- EventData

fsx.exe

475e17d3

d3d9.dll

5819bf79

c000041d

0005f9b2

1f04

01d269f102df8ec6

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\d3d9.dll

ce634900-fb0e-4bd6-93c5-0ae174cdab02

I know some will say that FSX needs to be installed in C:\ but as I stated before, this problem just recently started. No problems beforehand. Something is causing a d3d9.dll error and I am going crazy trying to figure it out. I have never installed the other programs that would put the hacked d3d9.dll into the fsx directory. Just to be sure I checked the fsx directory and did not find a d3d9.dll file anywhere. It only exists in the system files.

Since this was a dll problem I then went into my dll.xml file for fsx and removed it from the folder. Started up and no problems. everything ran fine. So now I think I am narrowing the problem down. Systematically started turning off components on the dll.xml file and tried to recreate the problem. Problem still exists until I disable PMDG.

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>PMDG HUD interface</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
    <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
  </Launch.Addon>

When I change this to <Disabled>True</Disabled> the problem goes away.

Here is the entire file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>ObjectFlow.dll</Name>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\ObjectFlow.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>
    <Disabled>True</Disabled>
    <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>
    <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name>
    <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>PMDG HUD interface</Name>
    <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
    <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>FS Recorder</Name>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\FS Recorder for FSX\FSRecorder_FSX.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>as_connect</Name>
    <Path>as_srv\as_btstrp.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

At a complete loss I decided to do a repair install on the PMDG 737 to see if maybe a file had been corrupted. Success! Everything seemed to be buttery smooth afterwards! That is until the next day. The problem came back and disabling the pmdg seemed to be the only fix.

I am at a complete loss with this issue and it is driving me crazy. 

I am running Windows 10 Home

Intel Core i5-4590

8 GB Ram

Nvidia Geforce 750 with current drivers.

FWIW Windows did do an automatic update and changed my OS from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Home Anniversary. This was done while I was out of town for work and the option to rollback was changed from 30 days to 10 days and now I am stuck with this OS.

If anyone could help me track down this problem I would be very appreciative. Also, if there is any other information that I have left out please let me know and I will get that information posted ASAP.

Thank You,

Richard

Richard, full names in the PMDG forums please. Note the pinned forum rules for clarification.

Freezes. You didn't say how long these events last because there's a difference between a millisecond freeze and a 6 minute freeze; either of which could be called a freeze.

I can't help with the crash on exit. I had a FSX configuration that always crashed on exit and I never figured it out. I just moved on to my next computer build. However, freezes is something you can do something about but it depends on whether it is a long frame or an appHang.

Dan Downs KCRP