Sign in to follow this  
tk92

Strange small black squares on cockpit screens

Hi,

Ever since I installed the 777, I have these small black squares on my cockpit screens. When I move the camera, they get larger or smaller (see screens below). I thought this was normal, but after I watched some youtube videos, I didnt see this happen with other people. When I click on a screen, it enlarges and it is totally black. When the screens are off at parking position, they are solid black as well. Does anyone have a suggestion? 

Thank you so much!

Regards,

Thomas

2016_2_29_11_58_34_728.jpgimage upload no registration

Thomas Krol

I have no idea what you are talking about, I tried finding the black squares you mention but I guess the jpegs resolution isn't good enough.

Give us a little more information, and circle the squares. What video settings, hardware, monitor?

Dan Downs KCRP

Thank you for your answer. You are absolutely right, I just checked the forum on my laptop (instead of desktop) and I couldn't see them either. So this should be something with my graphics and/or settings. I made a photo of the image above with my phone, in order to show you what this is all about. I will post it below!

My Specs: Intel i7-4770S @ 3.10 gHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 on Windows 10, x64 bit.
Settings in FSX: DX10 mode with the fix from SteveFX, Trillinear filtering with AA off, 1920x1080x32 screen resolution. Global texture resolution is set to Max.

Lastly, I made two screenshots of my NVIDIA control panel settings, as well as my fsx settings in the control panel. Maybe I am making a mess with different settings...

Thanks for your help!!
Thomas

image1_1.jpggif upload
nvidia_inspector.jpgupload a picture

nvidia_inspector2.jpg20mb image hosting

Thomas Krol

That's completely normal. All 777 and NGX users see that. It's to do with how PMDG simulated the LCD screens, which is why you can't see the pattern with the screens turned off. The effect varies with your monitor resolution and how much you are zoomed in.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Thank you Kevinh,

I will try some different resolutions and zooming. Glad to hear it is normal, but with my settings it is extremely visible, and when moving the camera they get really large.. I have flown the NGX and the 777 on my laptop as wel, and the squares are not visible there / or really small. Hope some other settings will minimize them, I will give it a try!

Thank you for your help!

Regards,

Thomas

Thomas Krol

It's worth noting that PMDG does not support DX10.

Dan Downs KCRP