Sign in to follow this  
JP2308

How to close the Windows speech bar in Win10

Hi all,

I'm running P3D in Win 10 and for a week now have been trying to get MCE working. For some reasons, it sometimes work, and doesn't the next day. In fact, it loads nicely and I see the menu etc... Co pilot listening OK BUT...

when it doesn't work, I get this message: "CLOSE THE WINDOWS SPEECH BAR" . i'd happily do it but I have no idea of where to find it or what it looks like.

I'll sure feel stupid when you tell me how but I've made a fool of myself before..

Done that. No difference!

There might be still something starting the Microsoft speech engine with no visible interface. Maybe some other app.

And if that app takes control of the mike, eventually, nothing will be recognize in MCE speech.

I assume you aren't running MCE in <Compatibility> mode, like making it run as if under Windows 7.