Sign in to follow this  
Stearman

Help with Aerosoft Wilga?

Hi, I'd much appreciate help with Aerosoft Wilga's gyro compass.

According to the manual:

- On overhead switch gyro horizon on.
After 2 minutes unlock the gyro horizon using the arrestor knob on the gauge, check arrestor
indication is not shown
- On overhead switch gyro compass on.
Set the correct heading and after 2 minutes unlock the gyro compass using the arrestor knob on the
gauge, check red indication is not seen

...which is OK with the horizon, but I can't see HOW to "set the correct heading" in the gyro compass, nor it is specified at all in the manual.

Of course I can lock it with the arrestor knob, rotate the aircraft horizontally in slew mode until the magnetic compass points to North (i.e. gyro compass default heading), then release the arrestor knob, but I assume there must be a neater way.

Any help?
Thanks in advance & best regards.

Try pressing Shift Z - it will give you the Mag heading of the aircraft.  Then set the gyro commas from using the knob below the compass.  

That said, I usually just go by the mag compass.

Try pressing Shift Z - it will give you the Mag heading of the aircraft.  Then set the gyro commas from using the knob below the compass.  

That said, I usually just go by the mag compass.

I'm afraid that's exactly my point: there is NO KNOB at all below the gyro compass, only the arrestor button.

If you can show me better, I'd much appreciate.

We are talking about the same knob.   :smile:  Left clicking on the knob "pushes" it in and "pulls" it out.

When it is pushed in (little red dot showing) you can adjustt with your mouse wheel.  When set to the correct mag heading, "pull" (left click) the knob to engage the gyro compass.   Easy!

You also can re-adjust it while airborne if you need to.   It is pretty cool. 

We are talking about the same knob.   :smile:  Left clicking on the knob "pushes" it in and "pulls" it out.

When it is pushed in (little red dot showing) you can adjustt with your mouse wheel.  When set to the correct mag heading, "pull" (left click) the knob to engage the gyro compass.   Easy!

You also can re-adjust it while airborne if you need to.   It is pretty cool. 

The mouse wheel... OMG, that's something I rarely use!!

Not even in a hundred years I would've figured it out.

Thank you very much!!  :smile: