Sign in to follow this  
HenrykS

Incorrect Taxi Instructions at EPWA

Not sure if it's something with P2A or the addon aiport I got from Drzewiecki Design - EPWA.  Looking at some charts online and the charts provided as part of the addon, the taxi instructions for RWY11 seem incorrect or out of date.

Starting from one of the gates I received the instructions:

Mike One, 
Zero Two, 
Alpha Three, 
Delta Two, 
Delta One,  

This is good as far as A3 or perhaps even D2, however there is no D1 as far as I can tell.

Following A3 it should be S3, D2, D3, D4, C1.

As a result when I arrive at RWY11, Gnd does not recognise it and as a workaround I request taxi clearance again, at which point I get:
Taxi to Runway One One Via taxiways 
Charlie One,  
Hold Short Runway One One

So P2A does know C1 is there and is connected to RWY11.

Sample of chart from Drzewiecki Design below.

Cheers,
H

The data being used for taxiway information is outdated for many airports.  This is on the list of enhancements that need to be made in a future version.

For now, at some airports, you may get erroneous taxiway names or instructions.  The best way to handle taxi is to display the intended taxi route on the map and follow the taxi instructions and map together, making sure to wind up at the right runway near where the taxi path on the map shows you should be.

Regards,

Dave

The data being used for taxiway information is outdated for many airports.  This is on the list of enhancements that need to be made in a future version.

For now, at some airports, you may get erroneous taxiway names or instructions.  The best way to handle taxi is to display the intended taxi route on the map and follow the taxi instructions and map together, making sure to wind up at the right runway near where the taxi path on the map shows you should be.

Regards,

Dave

Ok, thanks.